Articles by Wanda Bertram
- New Boston Globe oped explains how and why states must end prison gerrymandering — now
Advocates will find Abdallah Fayyad’s new Boston Globe column a useful article to distribute to policymakers, as a concise explainer about why ending prison gerrymandering is important this year.
Mar 25, 2021
- Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker signs law ending prison gerrymandering
For immediate release — On Tuesday, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker signed an omnibus criminal justice package that (among several victories) makes Illinois the....
Feb 25, 2021
- Virginia legislature passes law ending prison gerrymandering
The new law makes Virginia the third state this year, and the ninth state in total, to end the practice known as prison gerrymandering.
Apr 27, 2020
- Colorado Governor Jared Polis signs law ending prison gerrymandering
Colorado moved swiftly, ending prison gerrymandering in a single legislative session.
Mar 23, 2020
- Virginia poised to become 8th state to end prison gerrymandering, as House votes on SJ18
The Virginia House of Delegates is expected to vote within the next two weeks on SJ18, a constitutional amendment to reform the state's redistricting process. The....
Feb 19, 2020
- Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak signs law ending prison gerrymandering
Nevada moved swiftly, ending prison gerrymandering in a single legislative session.
May 31, 2019